Parent Support Advisor
Hello Parents and Carers,
My name is Solange and I am the Parent Support Advisor here at Rodney House. I have been and continue to be a governor here at school. I am also a parent to two boys, one of which attends Rodney House and the other who attends a specialist high school.
Before joining the school in this role, I worked alongside multiple organisations relating to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities helping me to network and understand the services and support available. Everyone's journey is different and I am here to support and signpost you to whatever may be beneficial for your family.
Some of the areas that I can support with are:
- Referrals to statutory services such as; Short Breaks Team, Early Help Hub and Food Banks.
- Support around your child's transition to Rodney House or onwards to high school.
- Assist in filling out forms. For example, a home to school transport application.
- Sourcing funding and grants and assist with the application.
- Help with finding inclusive and accessible activities.
- Facilitating coffee mornings and workshops.
- Parent Carers mental health and wellbeing is a priority and I am a here as a listening ear and can signpost to relevant organisations.
We are all excited about a return to face to face coffee mornings and parent workshops. Please keep an eye on the website, monthly newsletters and emails from school for upcoming events.
In the meantime, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me at school for any support you feel is needed, any questions you may have or just a chat.
I look forward to hearing from you.